Friday, July 02, 2004

Crises? What crises?

Even though I present this blog as thoughts on a cyber and real world mid-life crises, having reached the unplanned for age of 50 on my last birthday...it's even more the results of a life in turmoil. For the last 21 years, I've had two jobs (13 then 8 years) and lived in two places (Burley, ID and San Diego, CA). Now, for the first time in 21 years, I'm unemployed with no immediate prospects of another job in a city that's far too expensive to consider staying in unless something stable and well-paying comes along soon. A lot of the decisions I face these days are those I wouldn't be worrying about were I still employed. So it's less my age and more my economic situation that's causing me so much grief these days.

Add to that the fact I haven't been on a date, let alone enjoyed a solid relationship, in over 20 years, and you can understand why I keep my hair so short. I'd have pulled it all out by now otherwise. I used to say I was alone but not lonely. Well, screw that...now I'm lonely. Unfortunately, at the present time, I have little beyond my charming personality and my talent for imitating cartoon voices to recommend me. Oh well...life's been worse, and I'm sure it will be better. I just have to muddle through the present with high hopes for the future.

No comments: